Is BBA a Good Course After 12th?
Firstly choosing a career path after completing 12th can be a challenging task for many students. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to decide on the right course to pursue. Surely one such career choice that students can consider is BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration).
So let’s explore one such career choice BBA:
What is BBA?
BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) is a popular undergraduate course for students who aspire to have a career in business management and furthermore. It is a three-year degree course that covers various aspects of business administration such as finance, marketing, human resources, and operations.
BBA is surely an excellent course choice after 12th for students who have an interest in business and management. It surely provides a strong foundation in business administration and helps develop critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills. The course also offers practical exposure through internships and projects, which can help students gain real-world experience.
After completing BBA, students can pursue various career paths such as management trainees, business analysts, marketing executives, human resource executives, and operations managers. Many top companies across various industries such as IT, banking, finance, consulting, and manufacturing, hire BBA graduates for various roles.
Moreover, BBA is also a great option for students who wish to pursue higher studies in business management. Thereupon completing BBA, students can opt for an MBA or other postgraduate programs in business management. BBA graduates can also choose to pursue other professional courses such as Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretary (CS), or Cost and Management Accountant (CMA).
BBA is a good course following after 12th for students who aspire to have a career in business management. It offers a strong foundation in business administration as well as provides practical exposure through internships and projects. BBA graduates have various career options in different industries and can also pursue higher studies or other professional courses.
The eligibility criteria for BBA may vary depending on the college or university offering the course. However, here are the general eligibility criteria for BBA:
- Educational Qualification: Students must have completed their higher secondary education (10+2) either an equivalent examination from a recognized board or university.
- Minimum Marks: Basically students must have secured a minimum percentage of marks in their higher secondary education (10+2) examination. The minimum marks required may vary depending on the college or university.
- Age Limit: The least age is 17 years old, while the maximum age ranges from 22 to 25 years old.
- Language Proficiency: Students should have a good command of the English language, as most BBA courses are taught in English.
- Entrance Exams: Some colleges and universities may require students to clear entrance exams such as the BBA entrance exam or the Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission into the BBA course.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria for BBA may vary depending on the college or university, and it is advisable to check the specific requirements of the colleges or universities that you are interested in before applying.
Scope of BBA
The scope of BBA is vast, and it undoubtedly equips students with the knowledge and skills needed to build a successful career in the field of business management. Here are some of the career opportunities that are available for BBA graduates:
- Management Trainee
- Business Analyst
- Marketing Executive
- Human Resource Executive
- Operations Manager
The scope of BBA is not limited to the above career opportunities. BBA graduates can also pursue higher studies such as MBA, PGDM, or other specialized courses in business management. They can also explore various industries such as IT, banking, finance, consulting, and manufacturing, which offer ample job opportunities to BBA graduates.
Top Recruiting Companies
Top recruiting companies in this field are:
- Ernst & Young
- Goldman Sachs
- McKinsey & Company
- Boston Consulting Group
Furthermore here are some approximate salary ranges for BBA graduates in various job roles:
- Business Development Executive: Rs. 2.5 LPA – Rs. 4 LPA
- Sales Executive: Rs. 2 LPA – Rs. 4 LPA
- Marketing Executive: Rs. 2.5 LPA – Rs. 4.5 LPA
- Operations Executive: Rs. 2 LPA – Rs. 4 LPA
- Human Resources Executive: Rs. 2.5 LPA – Rs. 4 LPA
- Financial Analyst: Rs. 3 LPA – Rs. 5 LPA
- Business Analyst: Rs. 3 LPA – Rs. 5 LPA
- Management Trainee: Rs. 3 LPA – Rs. 5 LPA
- Consultant: Rs. 4 LPA – Rs. 7 LPA
- Marketing Manager: Rs. 5 LPA – Rs. 8 LPA
- Business Development Manager: Rs. 5 LPA – Rs. 10 LPA
- Operations Manager: Rs. 5 LPA – Rs. 10 LPA
- Human Resources Manager: Rs. 5 LPA – Rs. 10 LPA
- Financial Manager: Rs. 7 LPA – Rs. 12 LPA
- General Manager: Rs. 10 LPA – Rs. 20 LPA
BBA is one of the best courses to pursue afterward completing your higher secondary education. Because it is a field of study in business administration that provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to become successful business professionals. BBA, after the 12th, opens up a floodgate of career opportunities and also gives you the freedom to choose your preferred specialization.
At GSB, you will learn from experienced faculty members who have a deep understanding of the business world as well as they can provide you with practical insights and guidance. Thereupon you will be exposed to a wide range of business concepts, tools, and techniques that will help you become a successful business professional.